Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How many similar businesses are in your area?
- The Calgary Open Data Catalogue will give you a CSV file of every licensed Calgary business. It gives a quick description of the business, its address, and the community it’s in.
- Search the Alberta Corporate Registery. Corporate Registry is a centralized storehouse of corporate information for currently and formerly registered Alberta corporations, registered extra-provincial corporations, partnerships and trade names (business names), and non profit organizations.This information is public information and is available to anyone upon request. A request for information from Corporate Registry's records is called a 'search'. All search services are provided by authorized service providers.
- Canadian Information Database Business Registry provides the number of business establishments by NAICS category (not detailed codes) for communities.
- The Government of Alberta maintains a list of association directories online. You can also contact provincial associations directly to learn if they maintain a directory of their members.
Business Insights: Essentials This link opens in a new window
Provides up to date and topical business information on thousands of companies, plus industry intelligence. Includes articles from business related journals and reference books.
Who are your potential competitors?
Use this page to locate information on:
- company information
- SWOT analyses
- company profiles, and more
Google Maps is a great tool for geographical information. You can see where your competition is on a map by typing in the city and the type of business, for example "Calgary bakeries".