Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Select how you want to share your YouTube video with the world, from a variety of options. Share a single video, or an entire channel.
Share a YouTube Video
Go to YouTube.
Select a video, as if to watch it.
Click the "Share"
arrow button, under the video.
Once you have completed the above 3 steps, a panel will appear with different sharing options:
Message on YouTube:
- Select your YouTube contact(s) to create a private chat where the recipient(s) can view and discuss the video.
- Click on the "Messages" icon on the top right of the page to find the private chat.
You can watch the shared videos and chat at the same time.
- Click on a social network icon (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to post the video.
- Follow the prompts provided by the social media network and, if you like, add a description or tags.
- Select the "Email icon" at the right of the social network row.
- Send the email, after you have written what you would like to include with the video.
- Click the "Embed" button to generate a unique code.
- Use this code to embed the video in a website, or other online media.
Copy the link:
- Click the "Copy" button to copy a link to the video.
- Paste this link into a document or application.
Link to a Specific Time:
Decide at what time you want the video to start playing (instead of starting at the beginning).
2. Click "Share" arrow button, under the video.
3. Check the "Start at" box at the bottom of the "Share" window.
4. Enter the start time you have chosen, before you copy the link.
Example: to start the video at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, check the box and enter “2:30.”
Share a YouTube Channel
Step 1: Go to YouTube.
Step 2: Go to the main page of the channel you would like to share.
Step 3: Select and copy the URL, from the browser address bar.
Step 4: Paste the URL where you would like to share it.