Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ASET Report Format
The SAIT Welding Technology Program uses the ASET format to produce research and analytical (laboratory) reports within the program. According to the ASET specifications, reports must contain:
- Properly documented references to current technical literature to demonstrate an up-to-date and full understanding of the subject.
- Suitable illustrations, photographs, diagrams, and tables.
- Proper sizing in an 8.5 x 11 inch format, one-sided, double-spaced with one-inch minimum margins.
- Appropriate elements of a technical report.
- Calculations and supporting data included in appendices and annexes to the report.
- Footnoted statements of engineering/applied science fact to show the basis for the statement(s). 
At SAIT, the proper citation style for documenting references will be IEEE. See the Library's IEEE Citation Style Guide for complete details. For more information on report formatting, see the ASET Report Formatting document attached below.
 "Guidelines and requirements for authoring a technical report," Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, n.d. [Online]. Available: https://www.aset.ab.ca/pdfs/Become-a-Member/Technical-Report-Guidelines.aspx. [Accessed: February 26, 2019].