Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Discover books, articles, media and more
Finding Subject Specific Information
If you need secondary sources about automotive topics, check out these databases:
Vocational Studies Complete
This resources is designed specifically for two-year colleges. It contains articles from academic and trade journals related to a broad range of disciplines and industries.
Contains over 12,000 ASTM standards used by scientists, engineers and government agencies for commercial and industrial research, as well as product testing and development.
The Knovel Interactive Library provides access to approximately 650 engineering, science and technical books.
Business Source Complete
Covers all disciplines of business, including: marketing, management, accounting, finance, and economics. Additional content includes: market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
Finding Information Using Google
Google Tips and Tricks
1. Add site:.ca to search for Canadian content. This works for other domains too, such as .gc.ca for Canadian government or.edu for colleges and universities.
2. Use the minus sign (-) in place of NOT to remove results with a certain word.
3. Like in Library Search, use Quotes (" ") to find phrases, such as "Southern Alberta Institute of Technology" or "Repetitive Strain Injury".
4. Use the Advanced Search. The Advanced Search will make it easier to break up your concepts and search strategically.
5. Evaluate critically. Be careful about using any result you find online, as there may be bias, issues with credibility, and sometimes just downright lies. Evaluate your information using RADAR.
Gas Turbines by
Call Number: E-Book
Publication Date: 2014
Automotive Electrical and Engine Performance by
Call Number: 629.272 H159A
Publication Date: 2015