Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Choose a Location - The Government of Alberta has a list of population and economic data available to help you decide where to start your business.
- City of Calgary Community Profiles - Contain demographic information from the 2014 Calgary Civic Census and 2011 Census of Canada. Include gender breakdown, age information, and information on family situation, dwelling type, languages spoken.
- Calgary Census Profile - Same types of information as in the Calgary Community Profiles, but for all of Calgary. From Statistics Canada.
- National Household Survey - Calgary - Statistics Canada product that includes, among other things, general information on income and education levels.
- Community Information Database - A free internet-based resource developed to provide communities, researchers, and governments with access to consistent and reliable socio-economic and demographic data and information for all communities across Canada.
- Select "Generate a Community Profile" to build a custom report. Use the drop-down to view information on population, income, employment, education, and other categories.
- Statistics Canada - View the list of subject areas to access relevant data or search by keyword. Subjects include: Accommodation and Food etc. You may also search using keywords e.g. accommodation, food services, travel, tourism, restaurants etc.
- Economic and Demographic Reports - Alberta - A collection of reports provided by the Alberta Treasury Board and Finance.
What is the location of your market?
What are the characteristics of your market?
Find resources to answer those questions here.