Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Survey of household spending (SHS), household spending, Canada, regions and provinces - Table 203-0021. Use the Add/Remove tab to select a province in step 1, and in step 3 select from a list of detailed expenditures.
- Survey of household spending (SHS), household spending, by size of area of residence - Table 203-0025. While you will not be able to find specific cities listed in the SHS, you can limit your results to a certain size of 'populations centre' using the Add/Remove tab, so you can find out what the average household in a population centre of 30,000 to 99,999 spends on taxis, for example.
- Survey of household spending (SHS), household spending, Canada, regions and provinces, by household income quintile - Table 203-0022. Use the Add/Remove tab to select before-tax household income quintile to find out how much Canadians in the lowest or highest income quintile spend on restaurant meals, for example.
Who are you selling to?
Use this guide to find information about:
- Customer demographics such as age, sex, and families
- Income, expenditure, and other economic info
- Other topics such as recreation, health, or travel