Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Benefits of a Data Management Plan
Why Make a Plan?
- Increased findability - reusing and sharing data is more efficient and effective
- Increased data security and stability
- Many research funding agencies are requiring researchers to freely share and preserve data
The Elements of a Data Management Plan
Data management plans include information about:
- Types of data that will be produced or collected
- Types of tools or software that will be used to collect the data
- Standards (metadata) and tools for managing files/data
- How data will be accessed and shared
- Privacy, security, and IP rights requirements
- Plans to archive, store, and preserve data
Additional information and example plans can be found at: