Open Education Week is a celebration of the global Open Education Movement. Its goal is to raise awareness about the movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide. Join us!
Monday, March 2th
Tuesday, March 3rd
- 1:00 pm: Online Webinar from OpenOregon: Open Pedagogy Through Collaboration.
- Join the co-editors of a forthcoming anthology on open pedagogy in higher education, stemming from case studies from across the US. With a focus on projects that involve faculty and library collaborations, the book’s chapters model ways to implement open pedagogy in small- and large-scale ways. Whether your goal is replacing a traditional publisher textbook, having students publish coursework for a broad audience, or asking students to collaborate on the design of a course, this discussion will encourage you to find productive partners and start planning ideas for greater student agency immediately.
Wednesday, March 4th
- 10:00 - 11:15 am: Livestream (Online) Keynote by Dr. Karen Cangialosi from Kwantlen Polytechnic University's Open Ed Event.
- SAITSA student night: OER Wingo @ The Gateway
Friday, March 6th
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm: SAIT Open Education Celebration!
MC111, Reg Erhardt Library: Learn about OER and benefits to students and instructors, try out a few games, and hear the big announcement (Hint: How many students do you think saved $$ with OER?)
Celebrate with snacks!
Recorded Webinars & Podcasts Available Anytime
Watch with your team or at your desk whenever its convenient for you!
For more information about Open Education Week activities, visit the official website. Learn more about OER at SAIT at our website.
This schedule of events is subject to change. Please check back often for the latest information.